We know, this is how some of us feel about Deep Freeze.
But we need to just Let It Go.
Hopefully, the list below will give you a Reason to Believe.
- Allows us to keep the full functionality of a computer.
- Is general virus protection.
- Lets us be confident that all computers in a lab will stay the same and when you are working as a class that everyone sees the same screens.
- Ensures that computers go back to classroom layouts once restarted, even when they are used for evening classes.
- Allows you to try something new without worry.
We’re not trying to be Cold As Ice. There are ways to add things to your computer, so Don’t Stop Believing. Call the tech office, and they will temporarily remove Deep Freeze so that you can upgrade or add something to your favorites. BUT (and we say this from recent personal experience), make sure you know exactly what you are downloading/upgrading before you ask to be thawed. Even the most innocuous sites can add on something you don’t want.
Another option is to bookmark your favorite online resources in Google Chrome and access them Wherever You Are.
Hopefully, this post thawed your feelings about Deep Freeze.